Haxed Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Apply to play at Evolution Emerging  (Read 4906 times)

al-gen

• View Profile
    • Generator
Apply to play at Evolution Emerging
« on: January 17, 2011, 03:59:55 pm »

We're looking for people to play at this year's Evolution Emerging event in Newcastle's Ouseburn valley. Last year we had more than 25 acts in six venues with appearances from Detroit Social Club, Let's Buy Happiness, Mammal Club, Brilliant Mind, We Are Knuckle Dragger and quite a few more.

This year it will take place on 27 May and we'd very much like people to send us their music so we can pick the very best emerging acts from the North East and make sure it's even better than last year.

There's more info here: http://www.generator.org.uk/evolutionemerging2011

And we're asking people to send one track to our SoundCloud group with a bit of info about how we can get in touch with you: http://soundcloud.com/groups/evolution-emerging-2011/

There are no restrictions on genre, in fact we want to give people a taste of everything that the North East has to offer (musically).

Entries close on February 7, so there's plenty of time - but we'd hate for you to miss out.

Kingers

• 1918 - 2007
    • View Profile
Re: Apply to play at Evolution Emerging
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 04:42:17 pm »

Was just about to post this. Well worth doing, everyone in a band or who writes their own material should do this and get some Teesside bands represented up there for Evo.

There's no restrictions on genre or anything so get on with it.

al-gen

• View Profile
    • Generator
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 05:40:45 pm »

Cheers Kingsley, we know there's loads of great music on Teesside after doing SPEAR:LIVE for the last year. Would be great to see a few of the bands who've played at Middlesbrough Town Hall Crypt and Uncle Alberts sending a track in as well as some new gems we've yet to discover.

Whether it's people who've played Generator events in the past or someone who we haven't heard yet - it's important to get music in to us so the panel who are picking the lineup hear everybody and can give people an even chance.

al-gen

• View Profile
    • Generator
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 11:17:36 am »

More than 120 tracks in now from all over: http://soundcloud.com/groups/evolution-emerging-2011

Kingers

• 1918 - 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 07:01:37 pm »

Ahhh this is awesome!! I can pick my own favourites if I like! Superb Al.

Would be nice to see some more Tees names mind...

al-gen

• View Profile
    • Generator
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 11:24:07 am »

If nothing else it's a good way of checking out lots of North East bands in one place on the web (and a handfull from further afield who didn't understand the regional restrictions).

We had 270 applications last year, think we'll have a few more than that this time.

Jase Cameron

• I spent more time looking for Maddy this Wendyhouse then her parents
  • MEDIBOT.
    • View Profile
    • Myspace!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 05:40:42 pm »

*fingers crossed*  ;D

Kingers

• 1918 - 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 06:35:25 pm »

In the words of Dale Winton "you've got to be in it to win it."

Have a browse through some of the other bands on the 14+ pages to see what the competition is like. It's quite fun to randomly have a listen. Found a few Tees faves in there, would be daft to not enter really. It's not just indie bands too, there's a load of weird stuff there.

al-gen

• View Profile
    • Generator
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 10:10:05 am »

We've had one submission from Barbados. Not sure whether it's the North East of Barbados, but we may still have to rule it out for geographical reasons.

If you are looking for tour support Kingers he's previously supported Rihanna and Shaggy.

Kingers

• 1918 - 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 11:54:36 am »

What's he called? Really need to listen to that.

Supported Rhianna and Shaggy eh? Sounds exactly like my cuppa tea.

al-gen

• View Profile
    • Generator

Kingers

• 1918 - 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 03:49:29 pm »

I liked it so much I found his MySpace. You should definitely get him to play, he's class!

KIRK BROWN: SINGER/MODEL/ACTOR

Kirk Brown is a multitalented artiste and businessman, with a passion and love for music.

Kirk Brown’s repertoire combines many genres and fusions, to evoke every emotion, while sending thought provoking messages. As a man of many faces, Brown’s originals, mostly self-penned, show his sweet and compassionate side in songs like “Make It Right”, “The Reason Why” and “Baaby”; Soca tracks, “J’ouvert Carnival” and “Show Me” bring the high-energy performances, along with the pulsating dance track, “Shawty Get Low” and the dancehall vibe of “Stamina Daddy”.

To send worthwhile messages that he himself has already learned and to generate a level of thought, he delivers “Has the World Gone Mad” and “Why oh Why” with absolute conviction and touches on the Hiv/Aids epidemic which has taken the World by storm, with awareness tracks entitled, “The Reality” and the band’s collaboration “Wrap It Up”.

Kirk Brown the artiste, the singer, the actor and businessman is fast becoming a household name and has no intentions of slowing down. Kirk Brown is definitely one to watch, as he continues to deliver hit after hit and showcase Barbadian music at its best.

His videos on YouTube are amazing. The one called "Show Me (Crop over 2008)" is up there with Thriller for me. http://www.youtube.com/user/kirkstrategy

al-gen

• View Profile
    • Generator
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 05:28:00 pm »

More than 200 tracks in now.

Great news that Kingers will be helping with the shortlist now too!

Kingers

• 1918 - 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 06:39:23 pm »

More than 200 tracks in now.

Great news that Kingers will be helping with the shortlist now too!

Just like to point out that I'm helping out along with quite a lot of other people too (and I can't make it to the final meeting/bunfight where everyone decides who plays) so my say so is pretty minimal! No bribes accepted! All my votes are going for Kirk Brown anyway.

al-gen

• View Profile
    • Generator
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 11:25:41 am »

Of course yep.

We'll have a good panel representing the region and different tastes - and a few people who can't attend will be listing their preferences.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up