Haxed Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Chapman Family "Anxiety" video  (Read 4714 times)

Kingers

• 1918 - 2007
    • View Profile
The Chapman Family "Anxiety" video
« on: January 10, 2011, 06:41:11 pm »

Second single from our album which is coming out in March. It has a glockenspiel on it!

http://www.youtube.com/user/thechapmanfamilytv

or for a mucky perv version :

http://www.nme.com/nme-video/the-chapman-family---anxiety-exclusive-explicit-version/744400894001

45:33

Re: The Chapman Family "Anxiety" video
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 07:53:41 pm »

the tunes class, the other stuff of yours iv listened to has never really been my cup of tea but i like that.

Larry David

• ..."To the regiment"....."I WISH I WAS THERE!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 08:01:35 pm »

yer right, it's got power that song

Katesbush

• Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Joel Young Producer
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 05:26:12 am »

I really like it, it sounds more like an album track than a single. I don't mean that in a bad way either,  it doesn't sound forced or like a song has been bastardized into a shorter lamer version. Video is class too. Can I buy it anywhere for tomorrow night?

Kingers

• 1918 - 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 08:43:14 am »

Cheers for your comments, really appreciated. Can't really get it before it's released on iTunes on Feb 28th really Katesbush, not even sure promo copies have went out yet either, but I'll see what I can do. Inspiration behind the video? I think the director just wanted to hang around in a freezing warehouse with a load of semi naked girls. It took him a day to do the final 20 seconds of the video, took about 4 hours to do all the bits we're in. Read into that as much as you want!

Morkholio

• Forum Moderator
  • FIRE!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 11:52:36 am »

I'm always captivated by the sound you guys put out, guitars and kit sound great as always and I enjoyed the song.

cleanprophet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 08:14:21 pm »

Review of the new album in Q..

2 stars..

Kingers

• 1918 - 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 10:02:39 pm »

Aye I know.

My review of Q is that it's for cunts. No stars.

Kingers

• 1918 - 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 10:18:22 pm »

The review that's going in Artrocker is 5/5 and it's album of the month; another magazine that you can buy in Smiths is gonna give it 6/10; another one didn't like it much either like those prog rock loving wankers at Q but another one did. My point is that I/we're happy and proud with what we've made regardless of the good or bad or indifferent reviews and in X Factor terms it's been a bloody hard journey that I guarantee would have broken more than a few bands so similarily to when we've had some pretty dire live reviews (and I've been called alot worse than 2/5 believe me sir) and some really good ones, it really doesn't phase me. I've had to take bad reviews since gig number 3 in 2006. It's par for the course.

Katesbush

• Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Joel Young Producer
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 04:00:40 am »

you have the right attitude there. the music 'industry' is full of people who wanted to be in bands and a) they weren't good enough to be in any band at all or b) they were in a band and they were shit (see james mcmahon for further details). anyone who reads Q is just after an updated '100 top ALBUMS EVER'. To be honest, the majority of the printed press isn't worth the paper it is printed on, there's one or two i take notice of just because of their circulation, but Q has never been one of them. I'm looking forward to the single release, and the album after that.

walter

• Mark it zero
    • View Profile
    • cracklefeedback.com
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 11:11:55 am »

i don't think people who like new music take any notice of Q do they? i'm sure they still have Sting on the cover every week.

looking forward to hearing it myself.
I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation! It's a quest. It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgeory to remove our godamn smiles! You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of you're assholes! I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose! H

Amy Wykehouse

• They told me to go to reeeehab
  • Get Innocuous
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 01:00:37 pm »

Really like the song and the video is pretty decent too. The video reminds me of the Chemical Brothers with the whole youths running a mock wearing face paint, it's cool. 
I heard you have a compilation of every good song ever done by anybody. Every great song by the Beach Boys. All the underground hits. All the Modern Lovers tracks. I heard you have a vinyl of every Niagra record on German import. I heard that you have a white label of every seminal Detroit techno hit - 1985, '86, '87. I heard that you have a CD compilation of every good '60s cut and another box set from the '70s.

Kingers

• 1918 - 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 01:55:34 pm »

Here's the Q review! I'm actually quite happy about it, best take Q off my Christmas card list though...

"provincial angry young man" ha ha! Cunts.

Morkholio

• Forum Moderator
  • FIRE!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 02:23:38 pm »

Who gives a fuck if you were though, he's missing the point.  You have a great sound and it's so much more energizing than bands like Editors, with that behind you you could sing about anything and it'd still sound great.  Is he reviewing the music here or what?  Andy Fyfe must be killed with fire for trying too hard, that'd prolly make a good song.

Kingers

• 1918 - 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 02:36:33 pm »

If only we called it "Grim In Every Sense"!! I love it! It's one thing to get slagged off on internet forums but it's next level to be slated in a national magazine! ha ha
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up