Haxed Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Newcastle Moustache Challenge  (Read 4534 times)

Amy Wykehouse

• They told me to go to reeeehab
  • Get Innocuous
    • View Profile
The Newcastle Moustache Challenge
« on: August 16, 2010, 01:43:05 pm »

A few of the Newcastle players have decided to grow some rather fetching facial hair as a bit of a wind up for the Skysports cameras!

A video of it here

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/newcastle_utd/39022/video-the-newcastle-united-moustache-challenge-joey-barton-ftw.html

Joey Barton has even more reason than most to hope that Newcastle can get off to the perfect start to their Barclays Premier League season at Old Trafford on Monday. For three points against Manchester United will mean he can finally shave off the facial hair he has been sporting for the last few weeks.

The growth above Barton's top lip has been a talking point amongst fans and team-mates alike as the Magpies' mustachioed midfield maestro has shone in pre-season. And, speaking to nufcTV, he has revealed the story behind it.

"It started out with about eight of us getting together and we were saying to each other 'you couldn't grow a beard,'" he said. "One thing led to another and before I knew it, I'd agreed to grow a moustache.

"It was meant to be for the Sky Sports photos (shown in the line-ups before each televised game) but they have been and gone, so we said it would be until we got our first win.

Haha then Barton went on to rip Andy Caroll...

"There are a few knocking about. Ryan Taylor had one and shaved it off, Alan Smith's got one and Andy Carroll has one, but it's reminiscent of a 12-year-old in the onset of hormone development! It's just a bit of banter and the lads are buzzing off it."
I heard you have a compilation of every good song ever done by anybody. Every great song by the Beach Boys. All the underground hits. All the Modern Lovers tracks. I heard you have a vinyl of every Niagra record on German import. I heard that you have a white label of every seminal Detroit techno hit - 1985, '86, '87. I heard that you have a CD compilation of every good '60s cut and another box set from the '70s.

Flint

• View Profile
Re: The Newcastle Moustache Challenge
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 03:37:47 am »

When i saw challenge in the title, i thought this was actually going to encourage Haxed members to grow their own Bartonesque lip-beard.

senor rich

• this is not an exit
    • View Profile
Re: The Newcastle Moustache Challenge
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 03:02:01 pm »

he looks a bit like a retarded Ian Rush/John Aldridge
Pages: [1]   Go Up