Haxed Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Boro Rebuilding Challenge Part 2 - Summer 2010  (Read 22722 times)

Ripper

• Hardcore Till I Die
    • View Profile
Re: The Boro Rebuilding Challenge Part 2 - Summer 2010
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2010, 05:46:30 pm »

Looks like it's gonna be Paul Ince.

Please god no.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids,we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Demon

• You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2010, 06:52:15 pm »

Souness... Ince... Seriously? In a market where Curbishley and O'Neill are jobless, and even Avram Grant will be soon it appears. I really do hope not,

Burt_cocain

• Moderator of The Internets
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2010, 07:15:09 pm »

We're not a Premier League team anymore, I think it's time we accepted that fact. We can't afford a Curbs, MON or Mr Toad for longer than a season, nor can we add to our squad. We took a gamble on Southgate and failed. Then we gambled all on ginger and lost. We're 18th in the table and I don't see us even consolidating before January.

I say we go for Souness as the least worst option. Also because I don't for a second believe in Souness's ability as manager, like I didn't in Mclaren's at first and like I trusted Southgate to become a good manager and Strachan to get us straight back up. My judgement on potential managers is awful. I've always thought Souness was an awful manager and that's why I think we should hire him. Also he didn't do badly at Blackburn.

Dazed & Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2010, 02:07:34 am »

Souness... Ince... Seriously? In a market where Curbishley and O'Neill are jobless, and even Avram Grant will be soon it appears. I really do hope not,

Haha, you're dreaming! None of those would touch us with a barge pole. Shit squad, bottom of the championship and no money for new players. Not to mention the fact that we couldn't afford any of them. We need to get used to the Championship and be happy about it because we'll be lucky to stay up this season the way things are going. Promotion's a pipe dream that we can forget about.
Total Debt 20,804.63!!!!!!

Booooooooooo!!!!

the g la

• goughla iz rite
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2010, 10:57:34 am »

hahah Rava wants in on the action according to the Gazette. Wonder what John Collins is upto these days?

Kingers

• 1918 - 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2010, 11:00:48 am »

hahah Rava wants in on the action according to the Gazette. Wonder what John Collins is upto these days?

I would love Rava back. Despite all his moaning and his petulance and hatred of Mikkel Beck he's my favourite ever Boro player. Don't care about his managerial credentials, I just like the cut of his jib. Give the job to Rav!

Demon

• You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2010, 12:17:51 pm »

Haha, you're dreaming! None of those would touch us with a barge pole. Shit squad, bottom of the championship and no money for new players. Not to mention the fact that we couldn't afford any of them. We need to get used to the Championship and be happy about it because we'll be lucky to stay up this season the way things are going. Promotion's a pipe dream that we can forget about.

Well tbf, I don't think Curbishley's that unrealistic. We've got a decent squad that's been mismanaged - no idea what Strachan was playing at. We're lacking balance and flair, but there's ability in the team, and if it gets rebalanced with a couple of wingers and a new keeper in January, we could easily stay up. I'm not saying we'll be top of the league by March but a decent manager could get us to mid-table no trouble.

And I know O'Neill's not exactly gonna happen, but we can do a fuckload better than Souness. We either need someone to really get the fans on side (Juninho, etc) or someone with a reasonable track record, like Curbishley. And I reckon Gibson'll find the money if it's the difference between staying up and going down.

Colonel Stephen

• Mastermind criminal!
  • it was me with the piping
    • View Profile

the g la

• goughla iz rite
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2010, 10:40:03 am »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00bnwnd/Ali_Brownlee_26_10_2010/

Anyone hear that? The press conference, Rioch & Todd on the phone. Inspiring stuff.

This could really go tits up but I'm excited about him taking over, I think based on his record in this division as a manager he's an excellent choice. The fact he captained the side in the 80's is a nice touch but shouldn't weigh too much on it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up