Haxed Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boro Metal Band needed to play with touring Czech metallers, May 1st  (Read 1417 times)

Al Pellethead

• Mental, mental, chicken oriental
    • View Profile
    • Pellethead

Hello.

I have booked some touring Czech metal bands to play on May 1st in The Tavern in Boro. We played with one of the bands last time we were in the Czech Republic and they are very friendly and lent us all their gear and plyed us with whisky and were generally sound. They were also considerably better playing under the influence of whisky than us (or, in fact, without whisky)

Anyway we were going to play with them for this Boro gig but our ever-popular drummer is out of town with one of his other bands. Now we might be able to find a stand-in drummer and practice a few songs but I was thinking that maybe it'd be a good idea to get a local metal/rock band who could pull in a crowd that will appreciate the Czechs' heavy rocking action.

I'm covering the room and PA hire and paying for the Czechers to stay in a local illustrious B&B. I was hoping to make it a free gig to try to get maximum people out to see the boys, who are driving over with their equipment and have to go all the way to Aberdeen on the tour. In other words there would be no money in it...

So.... does anybody know of any local band who might suit and would be willing to play for the love of it. They could almost certainly guarantee a couple of gigs over in the Czech Republic in return, and no doubt if they did these boys will lend them equipment (so just hop on any of the low-budget flights to Prague, play a couple of gigs, drink the superb and cheap beer and admire the beautiful Czechs). I need a band who will pull in a decent and appreciative crowd to show these boys that Boro is indeed the centre of the universe.

Anyway the bands are called ILL Fish and The Velvets. Here is a vid from ILL Fish to give you an idea of what they are like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxANh_NTtxM

Obviously the ideal choice would be Fires Of Caladan. But any other ideas?

P.S. Oh, and there is a PR company in Aberdeen that will be doing the PR for this tour and they have assured me they can help out with getting the word out for this gig http://www.strikermultimedia.com/
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 08:33:15 am by Al Pellethead »

Shortpainkiller

• Dickwad
  • Moderator Team
  • Internet high right now.
    • View Profile
Re: Boro Metal Band needed to play with touring Czech metallers, May 1st
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 10:36:18 am »

Give Lifeless a shout, they'll probably be up for it.

http://www.myspace.com/lifelessboro

Al Pellethead

• Mental, mental, chicken oriental
    • View Profile
    • Pellethead
Re: Boro Metal Band needed to play with touring Czech metallers, May 1st
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 07:42:29 am »

Cheers Mr Painkiller. Lifeless are now booked!
Pages: [1]   Go Up