Haxed Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Christmas Carol in 3D  (Read 1047 times)

Amy Wykehouse

• They told me to go to reeeehab
  • Get Innocuous
    • View Profile
A Christmas Carol in 3D
« on: November 30, 2009, 11:42:34 pm »

I've just taken my little brother to see this in 3D. I really enjoyed it and thought it was the first film that I've truly watched in 3D that works well. I'm still not a big fan of the whole 3D thing and stand by my statement of that I don't think it's the future of cinema (unless Avatar proves me wrong when I go see it at the Bradford imax, slightly excited about this ha), but in this film it sort of added something to it, it sort of broke the barrier between audience and screen and made you feel part of the ride. I actually felt a bit of motion sickness at one point when flying through the rooftops of old London.

I actually recommend you to go watch this in 3D as it works that well. It's also got a cool scary feel to it for a kids film, I'd have had nightmares if I had gone to see this as a kid!
I heard you have a compilation of every good song ever done by anybody. Every great song by the Beach Boys. All the underground hits. All the Modern Lovers tracks. I heard you have a vinyl of every Niagra record on German import. I heard that you have a white label of every seminal Detroit techno hit - 1985, '86, '87. I heard that you have a CD compilation of every good '60s cut and another box set from the '70s.

Simon

• To my mistress the bridge, I don't feel well
    • View Profile
Re: A Christmas Carol in 3D
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 12:10:10 am »

Frankly I thought it was bollocks! Just another gimmick to make more money from the story. Not to mention that it missed out alot of the actual story!

Amy Wykehouse

• They told me to go to reeeehab
  • Get Innocuous
    • View Profile
Re: A Christmas Carol in 3D
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 12:19:25 am »

Each to their own but I thought it was perfectly adapted for its target audience of children and gave more than just the bones of the story, the Zemeckis screenplay is good enough for kids to get their teeth into and for adults to enjoy too, then again that's just my opinion.

As for the gimmicky, well see every other thread in the movies forum relating to 3D and I will agree with you that it is a gimmick and isn't the future of cinema but on this occasion I don't agree and I'll go as far as to say in my opinion your wrong. For once 3D brought something different to the table, it made me feel like I was on an adventure.

I think you have a case of Bah-Humbug my friend.
I heard you have a compilation of every good song ever done by anybody. Every great song by the Beach Boys. All the underground hits. All the Modern Lovers tracks. I heard you have a vinyl of every Niagra record on German import. I heard that you have a white label of every seminal Detroit techno hit - 1985, '86, '87. I heard that you have a CD compilation of every good '60s cut and another box set from the '70s.
Pages: [1]   Go Up