Haxed Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who wants to join my punky(?), spiky(?), electroish(?) band? Drums, bass, vocabs  (Read 8943 times)

Lee

• cougars suck
  • Green as green can be
    • View Profile
    • I Shot Chesney Hawkes

Hello again, Haxed. You've not brought me much luck in the past but that was then.

I'm starting a new band in which I'll be playing a (probably slightly downtuned and distorted) guitar and my friend Matt will be wanking off some keyboard melodies. It'll be somewhere between fast but not hardcore fast and slow but not indie slow (yawn).

We would like a drummer, a bassist and a vocalist although if you can combine two of those three then it might make life a lot easier but playing live less fun perhaps?

You can be a girl or a boy and you can drive or you don't have to because it's not really important as long you can play. Actually, if you drive it'd be a massive help but we do have a driver between us already so it's not like it's essential (unless you live somewhere stupid and we have to do massive rounds across Teesside for pick-ups and drop-offs or something).

I live in Guisborough and Matt lives in shame in Grangetown (true about the shame thing actually as he prefers to tell people ihe's from Middlesbrough rather than be specific about it) so if you live around these kinds of places (the Redcars, Middlesbroughs etc) it'd be nice but we can probably stretch beyond that if you're actually serious enough about it.

I've recently been listening to:

STARSHIP
BLACK KIDS
BLOC PARTY
ORCHESTRAL MANEOUVERS IN THE DARK
SMASHING PUMPKINS
CHER
SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE

but will probably take my cues from

THE ATARIS
THE COMPUTER WORE MENACING SHOES
BARNICLE
BREEDERS
early FOO FIGHTERS
AMERICAN STEEL
NEW FOUND GLORY COVERS
ME FIRST AND THE GIMME GIMMES
THE CURE

Expect us to sound like a second-rate REGGIE AND THE FULL EFFECT with a spinkle of ARMOR FOR SLEEP, a twist of FAT WRECK and a strong stench of 80'S POP. Strong melodies and clichéd chord patterns dolled up to the eyeballs. Like a less-introspective and slightly bragadocious DAYS TILL JERSEY but with a bucketfull of NEON SEX.

We're already named and such and have a good idea of where we're going but will presumably end up sounding nothing like we do in my dreams.

P.S. I want to record a lot and you have to be tight!
x
Deep Elm albums/compilations/EPs and Mighty Boosh DVD for sale!
http://www.haxed.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=47656;start=0#lastPost

John B

• what would Devvo do?
    • View Profile

Do you have easy access to a good recording studio?

Lee

• cougars suck
  • Green as green can be
    • View Profile
    • I Shot Chesney Hawkes

Funny you should ask that John B as I currently work at a family owned and run one in Guisborough. Imagine that. Practice space there as well.
http://www.haxed.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=47656;start=0#lastPost

John B

• what would Devvo do?
    • View Profile

That's really convenient.

That Knightsie Guy..

• Club Moderator
  • OVER-DRIVE - Local music needs YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Knightsie

so how did this work out? it sounds pretty cool :)

Lee

• cougars suck
  • Green as green can be
    • View Profile
    • I Shot Chesney Hawkes

It didn't/hasn't yet. :'(

We did a couple of home demos (a stupid song and a cover) that weren't massively indicitave of what I was striving for but beyond that:

*I had someone in mind as a potential singer but lost contact with them 'cos it was ages ago when I first got in touch with them, like last year or something and for entirely unrelated reasons.

*I had someone I hoped to get as a drumer until she decided being in Billingham was too far away from us...even though the person I would have asked to sing was also in Billingham and we could drive there easy enough. What use would she have been for gigs? No committment.

*I got sidetracked with work and playing drums in a two-piece band called MOLTEN BORON. We recorded some studio demos and we intend to do some more but at the moment I don't really see it being a gigging band, nor would I really see it as a priority.

Beyond all that I don't think we actually got anyone who was interested, even when I asked around for friends of friends and such. xTEESIDE APATHY~!x

--

I'd probably still like this to happen though.

kiwi

• View Profile

well Im interested as either vocalist but more to do with the programming side if your going for electro punk, interested?
If only...
If only we could only fly
but as it is we only fall
well I've seen them
blue eyes shining
I've seen them come and go
falling through space and time....

Mr Bojangles

• this lack of sleep is killing me.
    • View Profile
    • MySpace as.

I'll play bass if you want.
I'm from redcar, have my own equipment, can drive, and like everything from black kids to black flag, fugazi to the postal service and the editors to blink 182 and everything in the middle.

Lee

• cougars suck
  • Green as green can be
    • View Profile
    • I Shot Chesney Hawkes

I've only just seen these replies. Lets start this band, yeah?

Lee

• cougars suck
  • Green as green can be
    • View Profile
    • I Shot Chesney Hawkes

Lee

• cougars suck
  • Green as green can be
    • View Profile
    • I Shot Chesney Hawkes

Go on this webpage - http://www.myspace.com/slowmotionatomicbomb

The first song on there is a new song wot we did, sans mixing and vocals and proper drums (Quantum Peep Part 2 it's called, should play first).

We're still looking. Any takers?

Demon

• You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
    • View Profile

I would love to be your bassist. You guys are fucking good.

Giganto Robotico

• View Profile

Is anyone still interested in this? I am.

Especially needed is a drummer. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 07:25:56 pm by Giganto Robotico »

davey007

• View Profile
Pages: [1]   Go Up