Haxed Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The End Of An Era!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 5147 times)

iwillbeheard

• Forum Moderator
  • I drink therefore I'am......................
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
The End Of An Era!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: October 17, 2007, 10:07:57 pm »

BuRn

After nearly 15 years, the weekly Friday Rock night @ The Georgian Theatre is sadly coming to an end. We think we’ve done all we can to keep the Metal and Alternative fraternity happy over these years, but it is now time for the venue and DJ Mal to move on.

Variously called Full Metal Racket, Twisted & BuRn over the years, the beast is being laid to rest.

We would like to thank you all for your (and probably your parents!!!!) support over the years. We’ve had some fantastic times, and some not so good times, but overall it has been wonderful.

The Georgian Theatre is not abandoning Rock / Metal / Alternative music, but will in future only be doing one off gigs / special events rather than a weekly club night. We aim to be putting on top quality Metal / Rock / Alternative bands with a national / international profile. We will be running these gigs alongside our other programme of live Folk, Jazz, Indie etc. We hope you will continue to support us in this.

Please note that the Battle Of The Metal Bands will be continuing, with Round 3 on Saturday 6th January and the Final on Saturday 3rd February. (These events will also feature DJ Mal.)

If you’ve ever enjoyed a Friday in here, you owe it to yourselves (and to DJ Malcolm) to come to one or better still, all of the last three remaining events.

FRIDAY 19TH OCTOBER

This will be the last time  that DJ Mal will be doing a full 6 hour set here with no live bands to interrupt him.

Open 8:00 – 2:00
£2:50 before 9:30
£3:50 after 9:30

FRIDAY 26TH OCTOBER

BATTLE OF THE METAL BANDS ROUND 2

NINELIVESFORSKYDIVES
CURSE OF ATLANTIS
AS ANGELS FALL

First band 9:15
DJ Mal before, between and after all the bands.

FRIDAY 2ND NOVEMBER

This night will be the last weekly one ever.

First band 9:15
DJ Mal before, between and after all the bands.

Finishing off the longest running Rock night in Teesside are :-

BEASTS

For all you late starters, Beasts are probably the finest punk rock band on these shores this side of Jets vs Sharks (RIP?). Faster than God, they seem to combine the finest aspects of every  punk band worth knowing, a smidgen of metal, but make it uniquely -  Beasts.
Raging Leeds hardcore punk from ex-Dugong and Mercy Suite men
If you like D-Rail, The Mercury League, Gallows and Send More Paramedics, these savage Beasts could be just what you're looking for.
If you don't believe us, check them out:

DURAI

they somehow manage to fit fast, hard, heavy drumming with the bass drum striking it immediately from the start with no break throughout... guitars managing hundreds of awesome riffs within each song... and a bass with many different, quick riffs all combined into this short space of time..."

GIVE HIM TO MONGO

Stockton based old school punk. For fans of The Clash, Rancid and lots of swearing!!!!!!!!!

And of course DJ Malcolm (all donations for Malcolms retirement fund will be gracefully accepted!!!!!!!!)

Alex in wonderland

• I just wanna sit here and watch you undress
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/heidisexual
Re:The End Of An Era!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 09:23:05 am »

Aww that makes me sad
If its just dj'ing on friday im going to try and drag the girls along for some sleezy metal
Those who find beautifull meaning in the beautiful things are the cultivated. For these there is hope

iwillbeheard

• Forum Moderator
  • I drink therefore I'am......................
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 10:47:00 am »

Aww that makes me sad
If its just dj'ing on friday im going to try and drag the girls along for some sleezy metal

Yes it's just me DJ'ing this Friday. The last full 6 hour set I'll be doing in there :funhatscomedown

TMA / Georgian Theatre

• Club Moderator
  • This is an authorised TMA post
    • View Profile
    • Tees Music Alliance
Re:The End Of An Era!!!!!- Not Quite?
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 01:08:16 pm »

Well done to all who turned out to say goodbye to The Georgian Theatre's weekly rock / metal night BuRn last Friday - the old girl had a good send off.

VERY big thanks to Mal [and not forgetting Jane - who turned up week in, week out to help] for all the hard work over the years.

It's not a total goodbye of course - Mal returns in January and February [first Saturday of each] to finish of Battle Of the Metal Bands; and will be making special appearences throughout the year for one off rock nights.

:fashr0x0rs

Tees Music Alliance
Green Dragon Studios
The Georgian Theatre
Stockton Fringe Festival
From Teesside with Love

Online Bookings: www.teesmusicalliance.org.uk/products
Box Office / Enquiries: 01642 674115

Ashe

• Why You Throw Chip?
  • Forum Administrator
  • 'This is an aaaaaaaatrageeee"
    • View Profile
    • Learn how to make £2000 a month risk free
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 11:08:17 pm »

I think its a good plan myself. Unfortunately rock and such has become quite glitz meaning clubs that once clamoured for dance nights only have now made room for all sorts, leaving the dark holes and cold benches that people used to love to hate behind for leather sofas and jager shots. however all is not lost, as this free's up the georgian for some friday night gig action and it is a really good venue. i also see that decadence is taking place there too which is good to see.
http://www.picturesofperfection.co.uk - middlesbrough based wedding photographer
http://www.ashleypenny.co.uk - teesside band photographer
http://www.soadorable.co.uk - stockton portrait photographer
http://www.middlesbroughweddingphotographer.co.uk
http://www.matchedbettingbasics.co.uk - risk free profit from betting offers
Pages: [1]   Go Up