Haxed Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PLAY MOVES TO THE CORNERHOUSE!  (Read 9354 times)

BGF

PLAY MOVES TO THE CORNERHOUSE!
« on: September 27, 2007, 02:36:06 pm »

Once a month.

Yeah, as you may have gathered Play is moving down to road to The Cornerhouse on the second Saturday of every month (to coincide with Retro taking place at The Empire) - every other Saturday, Play will still be rocking the full three floors of its spiritual home The Empire.

It's nice to have a change every now and again, isn't it?!

The usual three-floor Play format will be unleashed across the three rooms of The Cornerhouse:

ONE - Stubbsy will be providing the ants in your pants, playing commercial indie, chart hits and some dance stuffs... prompting the great unclean, en mass, to sing with rapture and dance like a dervish. This is also where we showcase our esteemed purveyors of the rock arts... or bands!

TWO - Munro will be playing all the funk, house and soul you need to get a paraplegic and a catatonic fighting over floor space... whilst vehemently shaking their proverbial sticks in vain. WORD TO YER MAM!

KABOOOOOM! - DJs Fashion Fil, J.T and Pop playing anything they damn well please... indie, rock, punk, electro and nu-wave with an abundance of b-sides and oddities. Also back-combing, face painting, sweeties and toys galore... you heard.

The first "Play On Tour" (if you will allow such a phrase) takes place on Saturday 13th October, and it's gonna be a beauty.

SHY CHILD + WE SMOKE FAGS
SATURDAY 13th OCTOBER
PLAY : THE CORNERHOUSE : MIDDLESBROUGH

10PM / £6 / 18+

'The White Stripes of new rave... deliriously stupid anthems' NME

Straight outta New York City and signed to the cooler than cool Wall Of Sound label, Shy Child were undoubtedly one of the highlights of this year's Middlesbrough Music Live and they've spent the rest of 2007 touring with Klaxons, Hot Chip and Soulwax to name but a few - not to mention supporting Muse at Wembley Stadium!

They've been all over MTV2, Myspace and NME for months now, and live, these keytar wielding mentalists know how to get the ol' party started. Bring your finest air keytar... New York City in the (corner) house!

Support comes from London mentalists We Smoke Fags Ė of course, not to be mixed up with their initial twins We Start Fires from Darlo. WSF (thatís We Smoke Fags) have had over a million listens on that myspace malarkey Ė which isnít bad for an unsigned band! Letís be honest though, theyíre not gonna be unsigned for long. Believe and achieve.

www.myspace.com/shychildmusic
www.myspace.com/thebelmontfantastics
www.myspace.com/playrocknrolldisco

Lippy

• Mr Indie
    • View Profile
Re:PLAY MOVES TO THE CORNERHOUSE!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 07:27:04 pm »

Is Room One the Sumo rock room?
If you hear a new band that you hate please tell me as I probably will like them :)

Reid

• View Profile
    • Metaaaaal
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 01:33:11 pm »

the sumo indie room i reckon

Stubbsy

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • ten feet tall
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 11:12:59 am »

tonight innit. cornerhouse n tha. whites of the eyes

bad_seed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 09:23:51 am »

Cons - too hot, too crowded, drinks cost more than they do at Sumo.

Pros - got to see Stubbsy close up.
Love at first sight may sound trite
But it's true you know.

Mr Ste

• Better Than You!
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 09:47:51 am »

winges about last night - too hot, over crowded, not the same atmosphere, drink got spiked!  :fork

good things - drinks are cheaper than when play is at empire!  :mikeisahomo

Lippy

• Mr Indie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 05:12:26 pm »

Pros - got to see Stubbsy close up.

::)

It was good for Stubbsy's room and Kaboom to be next door though as when something we didn't like came on it was only a few seconds walk to see if anything was good in the other room.

Agree with the too crowded one as well and I like to see bands on stages rather than just at the same level.
If you hear a new band that you hate please tell me as I probably will like them :)

Lippy

• Mr Indie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 05:12:52 pm »

The bottles of water are a lot smaller in the Cornerhouse as well.

JJ

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 06:55:49 pm »

I enjoyed last night.
Loved Kaboooooom and all its flashy frolics. The set out in Cornerhouse is good too as you have that short walk between Kaboom and Stubbsy instead of 3 flights of stairs.
Seemed to be a good atmosphere probably because most of the scallies would have been expressing themselves in Empire!
And, who gives a fook if its warm, everyone was a sweaty mess but thats part of the fun, espcially when the late-night ice pops are handed around.
And the drinks where cheaper. Beau.

Stubbsy

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • ten feet tall
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 11:07:21 pm »

enjoyed that a lot
Pages: [1]   Go Up