Haxed Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "George Formby"  (Read 2626 times)

.:Mondo:.

• Apres moi, le deluge...
    • View Profile
    • Me!
Re:"George Formby"
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 10:16:28 am »

Oh my word, he so got the 'I'm nine' vote. He was shit. And ginger. And in his banjo 'solo' everyone was clapping, and the camera zoomed in to look at his fake fingerwork, and he nearly dropped it.

I feel bad for all the other contestants who could actually sing and didn't just get the Lonely Grandma vote. I hope he gets battered when he goes back to school.

In fairness, he was at least attempting to make chord shapes with his hand (unlike "Noddy Holder" who just gripped the neck for dear life!).

I honestly thought that "Joss" would've won as i thought she sounded most like who she was emulating... the Bonnie Tyler one was fucking diabolical! Sounded nowt like her at all!!!  :shrikewouldkilleveryoneintheroomforthis

Kif

• I'm Penguin Fodder!
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 10:52:18 am »

I thought the Christina Aguilera-a-like should have won cos she not only had a really good voice, but she sounded a lot like her.  George Formby definitely got the grannies' vote, especially as it was the George Formby Society's Official Day or something!  He didn't really sound an awful lot like him, but to be fair, he was about four, and he did well for attempting to look as though he was playing his ukelele (I kept asking Shaun "is he really playing that?"!)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 10:53:59 am by Kif »

bad_seed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 12:12:25 pm »

He was lovely!  I wanted either him or Noddy or Kylie to win.  When he won and he said - 'thank you very much', so sweet!
Love at first sight may sound trite
But it's true you know.

Man feelings

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 12:53:11 pm »

As if so many of us actually watched it, haha.

I don't really want him to get battered, but I still think he was rubbish and it's unfair putting kids that young in, they don't even have to do anything other than look cute.

When the 'Joss Stone' was on I was sitting at the computer and didn't realise it wasn't actually her until Cat Deeley appeared.
Super Monkey Ball makes me cry.

Reid

• View Profile
    • Metaaaaal
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006, 10:17:07 pm »

I watched this and yes some of them were amazing, especially for their age
But yes i agree with what was mentioned above ..sometimes the parents just push the kids into it.

Oh my word, he so got the 'I'm nine' vote. He was shit. And ginger. And in his banjo 'solo' everyone was clapping, and the camera zoomed in to look at his fake fingerwork, and he nearly dropped it.

I feel bad for all the other contestants who could actually sing and didn't just get the Lonely Grandma vote. I hope he gets battered when he goes back to school.

He was cute though bless him those facial expressions are what won the grannies over .. But like you say .. It was a signing competition
After they had all sung.. It was obvious that the youngest kid would win without any competition. Typical of any sort of competition like that... just take Butlins competitions as an example

Joss Stone was good but so was Christina and Kylie
That 14 year old girl looked about 20 in that wig

are you joking? the kylie one was utter shit.

liberace

• I'm Penguin Fodder!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 07:13:07 pm »

I didn't get to see it, believe it or not. Was that Formby impersonator called Ben Wetheril?

Saaam

• my title war a wee bit big.
  • Arrr kid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 09:03:47 pm »

I didn't see this but I saw the one ages ago that the Formby kid was on.  I think he was playing it cos Cat made him give a little tune when he finished singing and that.
Brrrap!

Di

• Access-All
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 11:57:11 pm »

I watched this and yes some of them were amazing, especially for their age
But yes i agree with what was mentioned above ..sometimes the parents just push the kids into it.

He was cute though bless him those facial expressions are what won the grannies over .. But like you say .. It was a signing competition
After they had all sung.. It was obvious that the youngest kid would win without any competition. Typical of any sort of competition like that... just take Butlins competitions as an example

Joss Stone was good but so was Christina and Kylie
That 14 year old girl looked about 20 in that wig

are you joking? the kylie one was utter shit.

I only saw the highlights of her singing... from that she seemed good  :wtf
A thousand angels dance around you

Ian Curtis

• "If you read this you're gay!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2006, 12:04:28 pm »

Possibley the most talented musician ive ever seen.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up