Haxed Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is peace going to happen in Northern Ireland?  (Read 1648 times)

*jen*

• View Profile
is peace going to happen in Northern Ireland?
« on: July 28, 2005, 12:09:55 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4720863.stm

Looks like it has a chance what do you think? the McCarthy sisters will be pleased.

Wolverine

• http://thepolachis.get-ctrl.com
    • View Profile
    • offical website
Re:is peace going to happen in Northern Ireland?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 12:14:54 pm »

we sort out one problem (the IRA) and have to deal with another ( london bombers) the only way it`s goning to end is when we`ve all been nuked

ManFriday

• show us yer pasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 12:19:07 pm »

A theoretically MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) scenario sadly has died out since the demise of the Cold War and the Soviet Union

crazyflyman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 12:25:16 pm »

we sort out one problem (the IRA) and have to deal with another ( london bombers) the only way it`s goning to end is when we`ve all been nuked

I agree, the problem is that this world has become too overcrowded, theres too many different views on life.
People will probably have to pick a side in years to come, for america or against.

*jen*

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 12:30:31 pm »

we?? they handed the arms in themselves they could have held out for longer. but i get what your saying.

america only has as much power as the rest of the world lets it. there are plenty of other countries that could join together to have more power than it... ie if the EU became a federal state.

crazyflyman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 12:41:33 pm »

When the arab states become more organised, they may be able to attack in proper force. I'm sure other countries like china russia and african states, would be willling to form a temporary coalition to deal with the problem  of capitalism and the hidden dictatorship of the west. even europe would stand no chance allied to america then. This won't happen for 20 odd yearsat least, but as long as america keeps pushing its ways into other countries, then the more become offended. People who have similar believes often group together.

Also the EU doesn't have to been a federal state for our military powers to be together, thats what NATO is.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 12:43:04 pm by crazyflyman »

Levo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 01:09:37 pm »

When the arab states become more organised, they may be able to attack in proper force. I'm sure other countries like china russia and african states, would be willling to form a temporary coalition to deal with the problem  of capitalism and the hidden dictatorship of the west. even europe would stand no chance allied to america then. This won't happen for 20 odd yearsat least, but as long as america keeps pushing its ways into other countries, then the more become offended. People who have similar believes often group together.

Also the EU doesn't have to been a federal state for our military powers to be together, thats what NATO is.

If anyone attacks America they will be nuked off the face of the planet. Same thing goes for Russia, UK and France. Conventional wars between industrialized nations are over.

Other coutries have nukes to a lesser extent but no way of delivering them beyond a smal radius outside of their country.
$7000 in savings :D

Alick

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 01:27:45 pm »

the IRA's had ceasefire for ages, yet there's still loyalists gouing round shooting each other, yet the DUP and PUP still refuse to sit in the assembly with SF (oh yeah! i read yesterday that old gerry and marty have left the army council, despite denying for years they were on it) despite the fact that their affiliations are still active, yet still bitching away the past few years cos the IRA hadn't handed over 100% of it's weapons, when it's more than any other group have done

though i spose the loyalists are only killing each other so they should die out soon
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 01:29:52 pm by Alick »

Alick

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 01:40:08 pm »

anyway yeah my mates were threatened out of their flats cos it was in a protestant area, one neighbour got pipebombed as an example, and there was a bomb found in mildford recently (an estate near me, where the penalty kick was invented funnily enough) though i dunno who was responsible for that. but there's just loads of stuff going on that you'll never hear on the news cos it's simply not news what with everyone being so used to it

i dont agree with either side, but there was a UVF show of strength over the 12th with 6 fellas making their speech threatening to wipe out the loyalists (those loyalist fellas really have it hard) and shooting into the air. to be honest the IRA's probably only disarming cos they're not even needed what with all the internal feuds going on

having said this though, northern ireland's been ok enough the past 10-odd years compared to before that
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 01:41:58 pm by Alick »

AuspiciousPigeon

• People Try To Judge Me, They Will Never Know Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 12:23:29 pm »

im a strong loyalist supporter (family and what-not) but to be honest i cannot see an end to it just because of the amount of people being born into the conflict but i hope the ira will for once keep their word and the loyalists can put the internal fued to bed but unless they all stop selling drugs and running protection rackets it probably isnt gonna happen. would be a nice thought though.
WELCOME TO THE NORTH!

*jen*

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 12:33:02 pm »

im a strong loyalist supporter (family and what-not) but to be honest i cannot see an end to it just because of the amount of people being born into the conflict but i hope the ira will for once keep their word and the loyalists can put the internal fued to bed but unless they all stop selling drugs and running protection rackets it probably isnt gonna happen. would be a nice thought though.

The loyalists look to be very sceptical about the decomissioning. Considering most promises have been broken on all sides before including both governments I dont blame them. Hopefully their sceptisism wont stop them also coming to a peaceful agreement. This going for the splinter groups also.

I think as much as people have been born into it people just want peace and quiet.

Nobody was out cheering last night so they either dont believe that it will happen/ make a difference / or they just dont care.

Alick

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2005, 11:55:18 am »

for once?

wtf?

look at the stats, the IRA's done fuck all the past fwe years, the loyalists are going round killing every week, business as per fucking usual, them cunts haven't even entered ceasefire yet, what a bunch of fucking hypocrits

"the ira mightn't decomission 100% of their weapons what a bunch of assholes. shit gtg i've a shooting to do at 3 o clock"

spiteful two-faced bastards hope they wipe themselves out

jut look at this, happening this week alone for example:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4726437.stm

yet they're going on about how the IRA mightn't 100% decommision like what the fuck

John B

• what would Devvo do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005, 01:13:50 pm »

Pfft, deeply sceptical about all this... how can one trust the IRA? Is there an election coming up or something?

Just watched Divorcing Jack again yesterday... what a film.  

Alick

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2005, 07:47:41 am »

probably cos theyre the only group arsed about it all? and like i've said 20 zillion times in this thread the only ones that have even had this long a ceasefire (if one at all)  the rest are making too much money from drugs, gang warfare  and protection rackets to remember they're even a political group, yet they never make the english news
Pages: [1]   Go Up