Haxed Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: arena whats the gossip  (Read 46909 times)

-Luke-

• Mo Bro
  • Moderator Team
  • Challenge declined!
    • View Profile
Re:arena whats the gossip
« Reply #225 on: June 16, 2005, 10:47:32 am »

How is your glass house Emma?  ;)

Nice and legal ;)

Really? I must be getting old.

~~Ass~~

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 16, 2005, 11:02:40 am »

Really? I must be getting old.

year above me

A Squirrels House

« Reply #227 on: June 16, 2005, 12:16:52 pm »

It matters to the local music scene 'cause as knackers as The Acklam is/was, it's been pretty much the only reliable place for DIY gigs in Boro for the last 2/3 years.

Bands from Sweden, Canada, USA and of course lots of touring UK bands have played there... if they hadn't played there, they probably wouldn't have played in Boro at all.

So it's a shame for the local music scene. Although more of a shame is the fact that it was the only option in Boro really...

I've put on a few decent DIY nights in Dr Brown's on Corporation Road - much nicer place. Apparently the new landlord isn't quite so accommodating, but even so...

BGF

« Reply #228 on: June 16, 2005, 02:36:41 pm »

It's too small for bands that will pull like 80 odd and it's strictly over 18s. But anyway!

Sammi

• Can you pick your nose and eat your fist?
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Freaks Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 16, 2005, 06:42:24 pm »

I got IDd a coupla weeks before I was 18, but had been going there and buying booze since I was 15. I was like  :o

But on that note, I know they've been having trouble for god knows how long with underage (and looking severely underage) people, but I would end up doing that, considering how packed it used to be, it looked like a case of pull pint, throw change at them; "NEXT", used to wait 10 mins for a pint sometimes! I know that isn't BAD, but for a pub  :-\

A Rose for somebody special

Alick

« Reply #230 on: June 17, 2005, 11:27:24 am »

that news article failed to mention that the two 15 year olds, ray and cass, weren't actually aware that they were working for cops as they had their brains altered by the "total recall" corporation

Risen_anger

« Reply #231 on: June 17, 2005, 01:35:31 pm »

I got IDd a coupla weeks before I was 18, but had been going there and buying booze since I was 15. I was like  :o

But on that note, I know they've been having trouble for god knows how long with underage (and looking severely underage) people, but I would end up doing that, considering how packed it used to be, it looked like a case of pull pint, throw change at them; "NEXT", used to wait 10 mins for a pint sometimes! I know that isn't BAD, but for a pub  :-\

10 minutes is nothing if the pub is 'packed'. If you don't like it, go somewhere else, there's hundreds of pubs in Teesside to choose from!

A Squirrels House

« Reply #232 on: June 17, 2005, 02:50:53 pm »

It's too small for bands that will pull like 80 odd and it's strictly over 18s. But anyway!

Oh yeah - forgot the over 18s thing. You can fit 70 people in there easily though - we had 67 in for the last Polite Station and it was starting to get a little cosy!

I really Dr Brown's as a venue. The Hentchmen/High Plane Drifters gig was probably the best thing I've ever seen in Middlesbrough - amazing atmosphere!

PunkLoserKid

« Reply #233 on: June 17, 2005, 04:03:30 pm »

that news article failed to mention that the two 15 year olds, ray and cass, weren't actually aware that they were working for cops as they had their brains altered by the "total recall" corporation

:laugh

~~Ass~~

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 18, 2005, 02:45:26 pm »

funny as you Alick  :mikeisahomo

I remember when they sent the lads in lots of kerfuffle

Sammi

• Can you pick your nose and eat your fist?
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Freaks Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 18, 2005, 08:30:02 pm »

10 minutes is nothing if the pub is 'packed'. If you don't like it, go somewhere else, there's hundreds of pubs in Teesside to choose from!

Didn't say I didn't like the place :P

A Rose for somebody special

world-of-pies

• I'm NOT here !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 18, 2005, 09:54:16 pm »

:-\

Loads of people not from haxed i know are under the impression that it's gone for good, and indeed have found other places to go, which i think is quite sad. i mean its not the 'nights' fault if a venue is not usable, but i think more could have been done to let people know what is going on, and i know theres no new developments and all that, but something simple like a banner or board outside the club so passers by could see could be useful for those people not on haxed. (apologies if this has now been done, been a while since i passed it to be honest)

And btw, haxed was the first place to know about all this, and gets the news as it comes. People who don't come on haxed didn't even get to find out about the arena being closed.

If this is the case, does it not seem a good idea to direct these customers to a place where they can get some information?

The problem is that the status of the business changes from day to day, and is outside the control of the arena management... i know it's boring, but it really is a case of wait and see.... there's a fair bit of legal stuff to go through, and it's possible that a new company would have to apply for a new lisense with all the usual police opposition....

I strongly recommend that you play the police at their own game... put on some top smart gear from psyche, get tanked up in the town centre and then beat each other senseless ! (double points for bank holidays)

Jack

• Forum Administrator
    • View Profile

pacmunchkin

• Pretty Fly for a very very white guy
    • View Profile
    • WWW.PHILIPCOOTE.CO.UK
« Reply #238 on: June 27, 2005, 11:33:49 pm »

I hear that Edzy's decided not to re-open  ::)

Floating_ThirdEye

« Reply #239 on: June 28, 2005, 12:28:02 am »

Let the place R.I.P! Thread locked.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up