Haxed Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Convince us we're wrong!!!  (Read 33755 times)

Cinnamon Spider

• View Profile
Re:Convince us we're wrong!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2005, 09:08:58 pm »

Comparing the two is about as stupid as comparing Play and Sugarshack. They're at the same place, oooh that's about it.

They also share a forum on haxed!!

eh?

I think he was trying to show similarities between the two.
And then a man made entirely of silhouette would come over and say "Enough".

pacmunchkin

• Pretty Fly for a very very white guy
    • View Profile
    • WWW.PHILIPCOOTE.CO.UK
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2005, 09:15:06 pm »

Comparing the two is about as stupid as comparing Play and Sugarshack. They're at the same place, oooh that's about it.
They also share a forum on haxed!!
eh?
I think he was trying to show similarities between the two.

Yes, go to the NN forum page and click on the last page. (it's the old trashed forum)

Laura ~ WideXEyes

• BAZINGA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2005, 09:20:35 pm »

Wowee.

kevin

• Moderator Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2005, 10:46:23 pm »

my boxer shorts are also black, and so is andy cole. they're both pretty similar like that.

Burnsey

• View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2005, 10:48:26 pm »

Mine are more of a Ainsley.

I also have a pair of Ian Rush's.

Tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2005, 10:14:01 am »

oh, and nu metal ended ooh, four years ago sonny jim.

err...80s rock ended 15 years ago, are we not allowed to like that?  :wtf

yeh you like whatever you like, but it doesn't mean it's going to get played if it doesn't fit in with the genres that were set out for the night - the purple room isn't supposed to be trashed #2 so why try to keep it that way?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 10:14:25 am by Kickasskandy »

Rik

• whatever.
    • View Profile
    • GaySpace
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2005, 03:10:53 pm »

Seeing as No Noise directly replaced Trashed, and that a night like Trashed no longer exists, it is indeed very fair to compare the two.
Actually, whatever happened to that monthly Trashed (or whatever it was being renamed) upstairs thing that was planned? That seems to have completely dissappeared.
Recently listening to:

Rik

• whatever.
    • View Profile
    • GaySpace
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2005, 03:11:44 pm »

yeh you like whatever you like, but it doesn't mean it's going to get played if it doesn't fit in with the genres that were set out for the night - the purple room isn't supposed to be trashed #2 so why try to keep it that way?
OK fair enough, if you tell us where to go instead we'll stop coming to No Noise and leave you alone. Where do you recommend?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 03:12:16 pm by xRIKxCORExLOLx »
Recently listening to:

Risen_anger

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2005, 03:52:41 pm »

You want repetative nu-metal and commercial rock? I suggest the Crown on a Thursday :P Yippee!

Tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2005, 03:54:49 pm »

OK fair enough, if you tell us where to go instead we'll stop coming to No Noise and leave you alone. Where do you recommend?

Blackout, play, the crown, twisted at the G, leo's and no noise's purple room all play metal of some sort but if none of the nights locally are doing it for you, why not organise your own?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 03:55:14 pm by Kickasskandy »

Cinnamon Spider

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2005, 04:21:56 pm »

Seeing as No Noise directly replaced Trashed, and that a night like Trashed no longer exists, it is indeed very fair to compare the two.
Actually, whatever happened to that monthly Trashed (or whatever it was being renamed) upstairs thing that was planned? That seems to have completely dissappeared.

ashe didn't want to do it anymore, so he didn't. I think.
And then a man made entirely of silhouette would come over and say "Enough".

Man feelings

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2005, 05:29:51 pm »

This has been an interesting thread, if with a little unnecessary pettiness, but anyway....if you want to hear my explaination for this surge of dissapointed and baffled Trashed lovers, make yourself a brew and sit and read this....

A BIT OF HISTORY.
 :themoreyouknow When I DJed Trashed WAY back in the day years ago, there was a LOT under 18's, and rarely did you see someone over 20.  It was the ONLY place to go in Middlesbrough; the empire hadn't started up, Blackout was a baby, there was no 'rock' needle damage room, and the crown was a fucking dead student night.  So everyone packed into this one little single-roomed rock/metal night, and as a result it seemed like the place to be, and there was so many people there, there was never a dull moment.  With the running of haxed alongside it by Ashe, it was a proper little happy family, everyone knew everyone and there was good times. (although lets not forget we had a lot of complaints about the usual stuff then too).

REALITY ZAP.
Times have changed. Like it or not, 17 year olds requesting 'down with the sickness' every week does not make a successful club night in the long run. In the past year or so, it has become alright for your average lover of music to dance to an 'indie' song and a 'metal' song in the same night.  A lot of us don't just like one genre, and would be bored dancing to the same thing all night.  

AND THE GIRLS INVADED, WHILE THE LOCALS HUNTED THEM WITH FLAMING TORCHES.
We didn't invade really, we were quickly drafted in when Ashe left. So, when we came along, we wanted to just make an ace Friday night that didn't have any cliches, that everyone was welcome to whether you were on haxed or not, where you got your head out of your arse and could enjoy a bit of everything without getting the indie top 40 down your throat, or the usual metal floorfillers that you can hear EVERYWHERE these days. You can hear the misfits and Girls aloud in the same room, and instead of seeing that as CRAZY and OMG OH NO POP, a lot of people will dance to both and just HAVE FUN, which seems to be missing from a lot of places at the moment that are more about fashion and cliches than good old sweaty dancing.

AND YOU LOT ARE RIGHT....
Unfortunately, as people have already quite rightly pointed out, the promotion for this has not been adequate, so at the moment people don't really know what to expect on Fridays.  If you turn up expecting Trashed, you will be dissapointed, because things have changed a hell of a lot, and you're asking for days back when nu-metal was a fuckload more popular, and there was less nights in competition.  We can't give you that, and in my opinion Blackout now caters for that kind of audience better.

BUT ALL IS NOT LOST.
Hopefully soon we'll have some nice flyers out so you know exactly what you're paying your money for.  I'm sorry that you can't have Ashe and Darren can-can ing to the mac lads, but we're just trying to pick things up with an approach more suited to the current local music/club nights situation. It would be easier for us to be a bit patronising and try and cash in on a specific genre, but that's not the way we would want to be treated as punters, so we're taking a risk and doing something different that some love and some hate.
I am sorry if we lost you as a regular and if you preffered it last year. I can't bring that back for you, and I can't convince you to come, but hopefully my ESSAY might have cleared things up a little for you.

Danni xx
Super Monkey Ball makes me cry.

pacmunchkin

• Pretty Fly for a very very white guy
    • View Profile
    • WWW.PHILIPCOOTE.CO.UK
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2005, 09:54:14 pm »

Maybe i don't enjoy it now as I lost all sense of fun and humour being in london  :nosmile

Rik

• whatever.
    • View Profile
    • GaySpace
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2005, 03:45:53 pm »

Well, I'm afraid I'm not included as one of your "dissappointed and baffled Trashed lovers", as I only ever went to Trashed once. The last ever Trashed in fact, which I doubt represents what Trashed was like 'back in the day'.
And also I am not arguing that I want the 'metal floor fillers that you can hear everywhere'. Believe it or not, just because I like a band doesn't mean I want to hear their one most popular song 3 times a week.
The way I see it is if people liked nu-metal back when Trashed was going, then they should still like it now, unless of course they only liked it to be trend whores, which I don't doubt at all really considering how I'm pretty sure that's the same reason everyone is into indie and emo at the moment.
I think what a good night out needs is more variation, not just the same songs you hear everwhere every week. (Blackout is especially shit for variation), so you guys aren't really doing a bad job as far as type of music goes. It's just whenever a band I like does get played, it's the same songs. And no, I don't think I ever want to hear Down With The Sickness on a club night again  ;D
Recently listening to:

danthefucnkawjtafhkg

• urm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2005, 03:53:58 pm »

The way I see it is if people liked nu-metal back when Trashed was going, then they should still like it now, unless of course they only liked it to be trend whores, which I don't doubt at all really considering how I'm pretty sure that's the same reason everyone is into indie and emo at the moment.

haha he's kinda got a point.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up