Haxed Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Convince us we're wrong!!!  (Read 33753 times)

wellard

Re:Convince us we're wrong!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2005, 09:37:52 pm »

It will be shit until Anal Cunt gets played regularly.

Sammi

• Can you pick your nose and eat your fist?
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Freaks Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2005, 09:49:52 pm »

Then it gets overplayed, and then people will get bored of it, and it'll become shit.

A Rose for somebody special

Burnsey

• View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2005, 10:44:49 pm »

The Futures Bright, The Futures Orange.

The New No Noise DJs are now revealed as...

See you friday!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 10:45:22 pm by Burnsey »

Risen_anger

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2005, 10:47:31 pm »

Oh God, nooo!

I liked Trashed, and I like No Noise. I can't really think of any night where I've not had a good time at NN, even when ( :o )  I've not been drinking. The Red Room just gets better every week ;D

Mr Mike

• Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2005, 10:50:00 am »

No Noise Girls on Top and Trashed are completely different nights. They made it clear when they changed the Dj's.

Its now a mix of absolutely everything and i find that sometimes its gets it right and sometimes it doesn't. But i did have more fun when trashed started probably because i used to be able to go out with 20 get shit faced buy a parmo and still have enough fare to get the tram taxi home.... and it was snowing
Dear Stupid Dog, I've gone to live with the children on Jolly Farm. Good-bye forever, Stewie. P.S.- I never got a chance to return that sweater Lois gave me for Christmas, I left the receipt on top of my bureau. I'm probably over the 30-day return limit, but I'm sure if you make a fuss they'll at least give you a store credit or something. It's actually not a horrible sweater, it's just I can't imagine when I would ever wear it, you know? PPS- You know what, it might be a little chilly in London, I'm actually going to take the sweater.

~~Ass~~

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2005, 03:37:29 pm »

I enjoyed Trashed downstairs more than upstairs and I enjoyed Trashed upstairs more than NN.

The fact that there was an influx of new people who go to NN

have to agree with Cootey here completely but its just one of those things people move/change so does music and club nights you just got to deal with the changes. Im sure if we were downstairs at trashed still we'd be whinging about the miniatureness of the ladies, if we were upstairs at trashed we'd be complaining about the lack of seating, sweating walls and no locks on doors. Because all that changed it suited that the night should change too.

People have always got complaints about a night no matter what its impossible to please everyone, the only reason i feel NN has been emptier than Trashed ever was is the lack of promotion that it has had, and running more or less of a few people who used to go to Trashed and new ones the crowd which used to fill trashed have moved, gone to uni or just stopped coming during the refurb period when everything was up in the air.

In my opinion the staff and Djs do a great job all the night needs is a little more promotion to pull more people but some weeks numbers are still ok, its just when some weeks are dead it feels worse at first but nothing can be done about that not all people can afford/can be bothered to be out each week

Im going to stop rambling now

Alick

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2005, 03:43:48 pm »

It's unfair to compare trashed and the old Fridays out to what we have now.

Everything is comparable..the fact that these are both friday nights  at the arena, makes them more so.

I enjoyed Trashed downstairs more than upstairs and I enjoyed Trashed upstairs more than NN.

The fact that there was an influx of new people who go to NN means that I know very few people there now, and so the past few times have spent most of the time upstairs talking to Alick
yeah i seem to pay 3 quid every week to hang out in the chillout room as well, but it's not cos i dunno anyone really, more that i just don't ever feel the urge to dance there anymore

it's actually more fun upstairs than downstairs

~~Ass~~

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2005, 03:57:00 pm »

it's actually more fun upstairs than downstairs

apart from when it gets ridculously hot stuffy and smoky i couldnt stay in there all night but do spend quite alot of time in there
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 03:57:21 pm by ~~Cass~~ »

Rik

• whatever.
    • View Profile
    • GaySpace
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2005, 04:07:41 pm »

I spend most of my time in the purple room, until I get wasted and then always seem to end up upstairs chatting about things I won't remember with people I'll never recognise again.
Recently listening to:

kevin

• Moderator Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2005, 04:32:45 pm »

the main thing that gets on my nerves is the amount of "credible" pop music that gets played in the red room. i'm not blaming the djs or anything, but seriously sometimes it sounds like when i've ever had the misfortune of walking past the cornerhouse some nights. i know some people are into it, but i fucking hate dance more than nearly any other type of music, and rap is only marginally less shit because it has potential to be really funny.

but yeah whatever, i dont really care about the music. i just dont like how it seems to be ok to play some top 10 hit or whatever just because its "catering for a wide spectrum of genre" or whatever its meant to do. dont get me wrong, theres some stuff which isnt putrid that gets played, but somebody else must surely get what i mean? i'm by no means one to say "OMG PLAY HOURS OF SYSTEM OF A DOWN FOLLOWED BY HOURS OF QUEEN AND HOURS OF SUM41", cause i think those bands are wank for the most part as well, but sometimes it'd be nice to hear a guitar that sounded like a guitar and not a fart in a bean can, or a fucking drum machine.

other than that though, i quite enjoy myself. the bar queues are usually ok, booze isnt too pricey (except double jd and cokes - i think i gave you my eyes for one a few weeks ago, i'd like to have them back please?) theres usually some decent people there, and phil plays loads of knucklehead music if he ever djs in the back room. cant go wrong.

ManFriday

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2005, 05:16:18 pm »

Trashed was an excellent night, NN doesn't have what it did, but then again it's not pretending to either.

Laura ~ WideXEyes

• BAZINGA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2005, 05:43:29 pm »

Comparing the two is about as stupid as comparing Play and Sugarshack. They're at the same place, oooh that's about it.

ManFriday

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2005, 05:48:10 pm »

It tried to encompass the ethos of trashed and then build around it to form a diverse night, but I can't help but feel that if the purple room was like Trashed of old in terms of music and stuff that the night would be much better, and appeal to more people.

I know a lot of people who used to go to trashed but can't get on with No Noise now because of the purple room

pacmunchkin

• Pretty Fly for a very very white guy
    • View Profile
    • WWW.PHILIPCOOTE.CO.UK
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2005, 07:23:52 pm »

Comparing the two is about as stupid as comparing Play and Sugarshack. They're at the same place, oooh that's about it.

They also share a forum on haxed!!

oh, and nu metal ended ooh, four years ago sonny jim.

err...80s rock ended 15 years ago, are we not allowed to like that?  :wtf

Laura ~ WideXEyes

• BAZINGA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2005, 08:45:56 pm »

They also share a forum on haxed!!

eh?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up