Haxed Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: how did it affect your life.  (Read 18440 times)

Burnsey

• View Profile
    • Myspace
Re:how did it affect your life.
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2002, 06:57:03 pm »

Friday: College at 9:15.
Saturday:(if i'm in) work at 10.

sweet.

benny_representing

• slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2002, 09:55:03 pm »

always had college at 8.30 the next mornin but i always found it strange that i was always ill on fridays, well guess it cudnt be helped
Benny The Sailor Man Pooop Pooop

keefybaby

• "Caught a fish, it was this big!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2002, 01:09:57 am »

I can say it also radically changed my life. Me and my current girlfriend really hit it off one night, we already knew each other, but the drink allowed me to tell her how much I liked her, thankfully she felt the same, and we are still together to this day  ;D
Blaises also made me realise that you shouldn't judge everybody by the people who are around you, some people are actually alright. I remember when my mate wayne went to Blaises for the first time. I was a regular by this time, and was introducing him to the place, he got extremely hammered and ended up in a ball in the corner, were a friendly girl was stroking him asking him if he was OK. Smithy then says to him while wayne is being sick on himself "Proper family atmosphere in here isn't it wayne?"
"Fold? Is that the only word they taught you in school?" "No, they also taught me the word...CUNT!"

gough

• totally addicted to wah
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2002, 01:32:30 am »

some very good nights in there and some very very very bad nights

it wasnt the best nightclub in the world, it didnt have the best atmosphere the majority of the time, it wasnt special but for some reason i miss it like fuck, i think the idea of going straight into a club and splitting up from your mates cos you were bound to bump into someone was cool and i havnt really found that elsewhere
i make that shit work bitch

chucky egg

• AAAARGH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2002, 10:45:44 am »

well i got introduced to blaises by my gay best friend jonathan, and kept going even after he stopped.

if i hadn't gone i wouldn't have met ashe and kev, so i probably wouldn't have found this site and probably wouldn't have met all you lovely people ;D

and after a while started dragging my sister along too, thus improving her taste in music ;)

got to know di a lot better, despite the fact we had been at the same college for a year already :-\

got dragged into my first mosh pit by ashe and lisa-nic (who probably can't remember it :P)

i'll have fond memories of the last night of blaises, going mental on the dancefloor in the indie room with lesley, ashe, mike, andy, lis, and possibly a few others (i can't remember :-\) and just generally arsing around with mike ;)

oh and i met my boyfriend there so everythings good ;D
"Regardless of who the powers that be are, the people that you elect and the people that i elect into office, remember - you have the fucking power, we're the fucking leaders, don't let those bastards dictate your life or try to tell you what to do"
Billie Joe Armstrong 2005

benny_representing

• slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2002, 06:11:58 pm »

Smithy then says to him while wayne is being sick on himself "Proper family atmosphere in here isn't it wayne?"

hahahahaha, typical smith quote, what all u peeps up to anyways keith ?   (times change)
Benny The Sailor Man Pooop Pooop

Di

• Access-All
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2002, 06:15:37 pm »

got to know di a lot better, despite the fact we had been at the same college for a year already

hee yeah, and we even use to sit right near each other in biology  :laugh  :)
A thousand angels dance around you

Reverend K-Line

• SIDNEY
  • Forum Administrator
  • *rock*
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2002, 07:50:19 pm »

ahhh blaises so  many memories

1) the lockin at the end with ashe, twisted , ice and the others. gettin totally fucked and being the last ppl to have a pit in blaises.

2) meeting leanne, dont know if that is a good or bad thing, but spent 2 years of my life with her

3) creating the moonwalk \ egyption (only ^ice will understand that)

4)spending 30 quid every thurs night missing all lecture on fri and not being able to talk all day cos i had lost my voice

Blaises was the highlight of my week for most my first second and third years at uni, will always remember that place  :'(
Total Debt : 3500 :(

LoUiSe

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2002, 09:28:50 am »

"Proper family atmosphere in here isn't it wayne?"

sounds like trashed!!

i had to get up for college on fridays and that was fucking hard work in itself!

that place drained me of m ema money each week!

chucky egg

• AAAARGH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2002, 01:16:00 pm »

got to know di a lot better, despite the fact we had been at the same college for a year already
hee yeah, and we even use to sit right near each other in biology  :laugh  :)
yeah but i did drop it after a term ;)
"Regardless of who the powers that be are, the people that you elect and the people that i elect into office, remember - you have the fucking power, we're the fucking leaders, don't let those bastards dictate your life or try to tell you what to do"

Di

• Access-All
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2002, 07:43:30 pm »

true  ;)... you were the clever one hew .. took me a year to get out of it  ;)
A thousand angels dance around you

chucky egg

• AAAARGH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2002, 02:35:41 pm »

that tracy woman scared me :-\ :'(

Pop

• Club Moderator
  • these arent peas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2002, 11:25:07 am »

ahhh Blaises what a place. The peeling wallpaper and faded muggy posters of dubios looking eighties pastiche cocktails, the nose bleed enducing stench of piss from both the male and female pits they called toilets, the peeling delapodated vistorian style red wallpaper, the renegade sas bouncers, the broken glass and shattered mirror peices on the dancefloor, the one p.a speaker that would always fuck up when oddy started as if in protest of jason leaving, the indie room and its dirty looks. No matter which way you look at it blaises was a genuine shit hole and with this fact considered it still managed to be the best alt club in the area. It was unrivalled by any other alt night and was ultimatly reminisent of the arena in its hayday. No matter how drunks or sober you were you always had a good night.

I started going to blaises when I was about 15. A fightened youth in a Marilyn top and makeup. I had drank so much vodka in order to find dutch courage that i couldnt stand, and of course i had the time of my life. I continued to attend till its closing. It always welcomed me and the fact that I wore makeup and dresses. No one ever wanted a fight with me no one ever took the piss. Thats what blaises was like no matter how weird you were there was always a polite tolerance of your individuality. I of course go thrown out many times and almost band for drugs and other things.

I remember one time me and my friend craig had zero money and we made a sign saying "will do anything for drinks" we got so many drinks bought for us that we were pissed enough to dance to punk music. Another time we had ordered a taxi to pick us up at two from outside. We waited and it didnt turn up. We waited until four in the morning and still nothing. So we had to walk home in makeup and full thrusday night regalia it was the scariest experience of my life.

No matter who you are blaises has touched you in some way. It may have made you new friends or opened you up to new ideas. It may have made you a different more tolerant person or it may have not. Which ever way you look at it blaises was an influence on everyone who attended or even just walked passed and looked down the squaler ridden staircase. Even now we compare every other alt night created with its unmatched glory. It was and will always be the greates alt club in mbro. I miss it dearly and as this forum would dictate so do you. Three years on and i have my memories. Blaises was my little haven and i will never forget it.

To the owners and staff thankyou for making me who i am.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2002, 11:27:37 am by The triumphant Lord Balsapop »

D-Jay

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2002, 03:35:07 am »

Blaises was the first 'real' metal club I went to. It urged me to support the scene when it was fading out, so I setup two rock nights, 1 in middlesbrough, 1 in stockton to help promote it and to push the metal crowd from surrounding areas to our fav thrashside venue - blaises.

I made loads of friends there and was my 'home' for many years as I was made DJ in the rock room for 2-3 years. Drunk and as Metal as possible I did my best to play what everyone wanted while promoting the place everywhere possible (even got it in the mighty Kerrang! and Metal Hammer pages).

The most memorable time in Blaises for me and how it 'effected my life' was that my first and last night ever as DJ was spent with my ex-girlfriend. Strangely after our first night together as I DJ'ed Blaises I felt for some reason I should end the relationship on my last night as DJ at the venue lol Call me mad, call me stupid, I loved her to bits - but it just felt like the 'right' thing to do.

Blaises however will be the most amazing thing ever to happen in Teesside. Not down to the venue, or the owners, or staff, but the people itself...the metal crowd once together is stronger than anything!

United we stand - divided we fall! The memory of Blaises will last forever!

-Leigh (ex-blaises/tavern dj)

Twisted_Toy

• BRING THAT FUCKING HEAT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2003, 12:37:06 am »

...soo many memories there getting rat arsed at kevs on vodka n coke then walking to blaisers to get even more drunk...night i went to blaisers in my X g/fs dress cos it was valentines and she couldnt go so somewhere in the middle of my bottle of rum i thought it would be fun to just dress like her, (despite rumers i had big fuckoff boxers on underneath thank you) erm getting thrown about like a toy by my friends cos we were drunk im light n there big,erm meeting so many cool people,...some bad night where i got super slapped by AHEM!...guess i deserved it though..i think..ermm going to blaisers running around there then going to ozzfest was intencely fun...oooh dear gonna stop before i start humming memories...like the way we used to be AH NO SHH >_<

May Your Dreams Become Nightmares And Your Nightmares a Reality ^_^
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up