Haxed Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Woohoo first back *rolls eyes*  (Read 5563 times)

Phoenix-Ray

• P-P-P-P-PETE!
    • View Profile
    • Faceparty
Re:Woohoo first back *rolls eyes*
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2004, 01:17:11 pm »

But to be fair, even Rage Against The Machine has been crossed over into the Red Room... which i guess on some level is ok since its well known by everyone even if they only know the tune by going to the Arena and other venues heh, so it could be classed as "Commercial Rock" in that case.

But if that carries on, it'll eventually get to other songs like that, and then some people will expect. I take it your "pop" reference is Good Charlotte? :P - Because really you gotta class that as Punk right? :-\ or something similar, hence why its in the Purple Room... obviously no matter how cheesey it is :P

^^ Just read through all of that and most of it seems pointless... so i dont mind if you avoid this post 8)

Burnsey

• View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2004, 01:17:40 pm »

One or two cheese records a night are amusing, but if people wanted cheese'a'plenty (party atmosphere) .. then they'd just go to Jumpin' Jacks?

Aye, I don't really think Justin/Rachel Stevens etc is cheese, cos in my opinion its just good pop music, I think there was about 3 cheese tracks last night(its times like these I wish I'd just shut up for once and write the setlist :() i.e. Jerry Lee Lewis, Blues Brothers and theres bound to have been a few others. Can see where your coming from like.

What pop stuff gets played in the purple room?

Burnsey

• View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2004, 01:21:10 pm »

But to be fair, even Rage Against The Machine has been crossed over into the Red Room...

Killing in the Name of has been played once as far as I can remember,it was the night Dave was DJing and it got requested in the red room so much, that he said he'd play a different rage song, and I could play probably the most well known track in the alt. scene. So commercial rock or party track, it still fits, although obviously its more at home in the Purple room.

I feel like i'm preaching now  :-[ Not having a go or anything, just trying to explain liiiike.

Dib Monkey

• I'm not fat, I'm festively plump
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2004, 01:23:44 pm »

I dont feel well  :'( and i dont remember any music at all

(but more metal should have been played!)
I'm Afraid of Americans

Phoenix-Ray

• P-P-P-P-PETE!
    • View Profile
    • Faceparty
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2004, 01:24:14 pm »

Hahaha, its totally understandable... because well... like i said literally EVERYONE who goes to the Arena will know that song... most anyway heh. So a song like that could get away with. Just think if you move too much stuff from the Purple Room to the Red Room... it will turn the Purple Room into the (Wait for it Kev and Mark...) METAL ROOM!!!!.... + emo + punk ::) :P

Eiren

• \m/
    • View Profile
    • Eiren.net
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2004, 01:24:19 pm »

Well there was more than just Good Charlotte, but yeah fair example.

Thanks for being a pro and taking on-board criticism and feedback, tis most appreciated  :-*

I think most people who were watching, would have seen me shaking my white paddy butt down to Mr. Timberlake ... but yeah, it was played in the room I was expecting it to be in.

I can dance the cheese with the best of them ... hah ... but when I want to hear some proper music, would be nice to walk back into the Purple Room and here some proper rock action. Muchos gracias.

I'm just repeating myself now, so well .. point made.
Disclaimer: THE ABOVE IS THE OPINION OF A REALLY OPINIONATED GIT. SO DEAL WITH IT!

<<

Burnsey

• View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2004, 01:31:30 pm »

:fashr0x0rs You mean Good Charlotte wouldn't fit in a metal room?! Gets me air guitaring everytime. Ahem, anyway.

Yea its a bit hard to find a place to draw the line, especially 'pop' punk, as even the name of the genre fits into both rooms.

Anyway, cheers for the feedback, best timing too, try and get some sort of 'proper' room plan set up for when Students come back.

On another note, Mike of Korn/Dib Monkey made my night. Rock on son 8)

Dib Monkey

• I'm not fat, I'm festively plump
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2004, 01:34:24 pm »

You're welcome  :mikeisahomo

side note - anyone i annoyed last night, I'm sorry
I'm Afraid of Americans

Elle II

• bunny boiler extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2004, 01:40:50 pm »

I had a great night, except when that random girl came up and punched me in the eye. Thanks to Burnsey for retrieving my hat from his DJ booth after she'd done so.

:liam

but i'm not some random girl tho am i? i'm the girl you followed down the a19 and had to have my mam come pick me up at 4 in the morning because despite my pleas you wouldn't go away, and the one you told everyone had you arrested which was a blantant lie, was civil to you for friends sake, but in all honesty you made my skin crawl and i felt what i did was over the top and probably shouldn't have done that, i know i won't again, but you know why i did and i hope in future you won't do that again, especially considering how good i was about you spreading lies and rumours about me, i think your manipulative and deceptive and a fake in general, but thats just me, we have friends in common and i'll go as far as saying sorry for hurting your face to them and from what i gather just best staying completely out of each other's way.
carrots <3

Eiren

• \m/
    • View Profile
    • Eiren.net
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2004, 01:50:08 pm »

but i'm not some random girl tho am i? i'm the girl you followed down the a19 and had to have my mam come pick me up at 4 in the morning because despite my pleas you wouldn't go away, and the one you told everyone had you arrested which was a blantant lie, was civil to you for friends sake, but in all honesty you made my skin crawl and i felt what i did was over the top and probably shouldn't have done that, i know i won't again, but you know why i did and i hope in future you won't do that again, especially considering how good i was about you spreading lies and rumours about me, i think your manipulative and deceptive and a fake in general, but thats just me, we have friends in common and i'll go as far as saying sorry for hurting your face to them and from what i gather just best staying completely out of each other's way.

That's her! Mental!  :nervous ... yes I'm an evil man for making sure no-one tried rape you as you wondered home alone through Middlesbrough by yourself one night (when you had me pay for your entire night out to see Walls of Jericho).

Anyhow, back to the important stuff. I realise it's very very hard for DJs, there's so much that falls into the category of rock. You can't please everyone, but would just be nice if the lines were drawn so that you knew what to expect in each room ... rather than floating between them hoping for 'pot luck'
Disclaimer: THE ABOVE IS THE OPINION OF A REALLY OPINIONATED GIT. SO DEAL WITH IT!

<<

ESS JAY

• AWW shit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2004, 01:52:23 pm »

ill cry if you dont behave  :'(

ManFriday

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2004, 01:52:40 pm »

^ ^ ^ PM would have been more appropriate

slatedogg

• Its sexy to have a big head if you're a cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2004, 02:01:16 pm »

well i dunno about yous lot but i had a fucking ace night! i was darting about all over the place, i felt absolutely wrecked and it was like an episode of a tv show where they have loads of guest appearances. Serena, my bro, Colin all kinds of mo'fuckers  ;D

erm it was really loud and i was a mess but i swear ashe told me he had a dream about me too  ;) thats it now once slaters inside your head hes like a hamster in one of those balls, im not going away no chance, youll be explaining that one to doctors  ;D

But whats with all the rarrness from people, i dunno, you go out you get pissed you act innapropiately with girls a good few years younger than you and you go home with the metal sign above your head the whole way  :fashr0x0rs being cool is easy!

Slater will deffo be out for the next ten weeks  :dance

Beke

• 15 minutes sobriety!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2004, 02:05:09 pm »

The set in the red room was class .. cheers for playing soulwax! :D Mike was well mashed and yes he was sick because I had to clean it up  :-X

I started to feel ill in the last hour of the night and had to stop myself being sick and passing out a few times. Was crap :(
I want to dance tonight, oh oh oh. I want to burn all my clothes.

Elle II

• bunny boiler extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2004, 02:13:32 pm »

That's her! Mental!  :nervous ... yes I'm an evil man for making sure no-one tried rape you as you wondered home alone through Middlesbrough by yourself one night (when you had me pay for your entire night out to see Walls of Jericho).

Anyhow, back to the important stuff. I realise it's very very hard for DJs, there's so much that falls into the category of rock. You can't please everyone, but would just be nice if the lines were drawn so that you knew what to expect in each room ... rather than floating between them hoping for 'pot luck'

lets get this straight... coz stevi can vouch for me on this one, i said NO to all drinks, took out enough money for my taxi's as i didn't intend to drink and you paid me in as a favour... you kept giving me drinks that i didn't really want, but as everyone else was and you keep pushing i felt pressured into it, a mistake i won't be making again. a flaw in my character yes. and i wouldn't have been wander middlesbrough if you had left me when i asked you to near boro taxis,... by the way i lost count after about 30 times of saying 'please leave me alone' crying, begging, shouting. but no. so spread more crap... go on, because i'm admitting my bad part in this and i think its all i can do, whereas you like to bias peoples views and lick ass to potential scene icons... didn't work on danni did it? *sigh* am tired of this now. have a nice life, i'd appreciate it, if you could keep yourself away from me if you can help it, thank you.
carrots <3
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up