Haxed Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alt Clubs In The North etc  (Read 33429 times)

~~Ass~~

• View Profile
Re: Alt Clubs In The North etc
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2008, 03:05:13 pm »

i interpret that as no chavs so leave your tracksuits at home kthnx

Tubby

• Club Moderator
  • WIDDLE!
    • View Profile
    • www.overdrive-promotions.com
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2008, 04:47:44 pm »

i interpret that as no chavs so leave your tracksuits at home kthnx

i wouldnt say its the norm to wear a tracksuit!
so i would say tracksuits are an alternative dress code in all honesty

unless they mean there is some form of alternative to clothes!?

Not so big please

~~Ass~~

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2008, 04:54:34 pm »

i wouldnt say its the norm to wear a tracksuit!
so i would say tracksuits are an alternative dress code in all honesty

unless they mean there is some form of alternative to clothes!?

nudity!!

Tubby

• Club Moderator
  • WIDDLE!
    • View Profile
    • www.overdrive-promotions.com
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2008, 05:03:41 pm »

nudity!!

id say some form of cloaking device.
but thats a cloak.
and then you would look like a goth anyway.
Not so big please

S_Id

• I'm Penguin Fodder!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2008, 12:10:24 pm »

and then you would look like a goth anyway.

Which is what pretty much everyone who goes in there looks like. One of my girlfriends mates got refused entry because he was wearing jeans and a t shirt. I went in when it was free, it was shit.

Phage

• Club Moderator
  • Phage - The New Disease
    • View Profile
    • Glitch Studio
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2008, 09:54:50 pm »

Which is what pretty much everyone who goes in there looks like. One of my girlfriends mates got refused entry because he was wearing jeans and a t shirt. I went in when it was free, it was shit.

We're just trying to create a safe/friendly atmosphere for alternative people to hang out in! I used to work at Silks and I know how the chav element ultimately drove the alternative crowd away!

In all honesty, we're not that strict on dress-code, but we've gotta draw the line at some point.

And S_id... "it was shit" is not really very constructive! If you think we can improve things at the club, how about some hints as to what you think is wrong with the place, and maybe even some suggestions on how we can improve it. That would be much more useful, not to mention supportive of your local alternative scene!
It's not safe to hope for the best...
...without preparing for the worst

www.myspace.com/phageboy
www.myspace.com/afterlifeclub
www.afterlifeclub.co.uk

~Tits~

• I <3 ^^^^
  • so....yeah
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2008, 10:39:11 pm »

We're just trying to create a safe/friendly atmosphere for alternative people to hang out in! I used to work at Silks and I know how the chav element ultimately drove the alternative crowd away!

haha it was well funny being in there on the metal night when there were middle aged chavs singing kareoke in the next room  :laugh
"The Bunnies Kept All Their Love In A Teapot"

Ashe

• Why You Throw Chip?
  • Forum Administrator
  • 'This is an aaaaaaaatrageeee"
    • View Profile
    • Learn how to make 2000 a month risk free
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2009, 10:08:54 pm »

In all honesty, we're not that strict on dress-code, but we've gotta draw the line at some point.

And S_id... "it was shit" is not really very constructive! If you think we can improve things at the club, how about some hints as to what you think is wrong with the place, and maybe even some suggestions on how we can improve it. That would be much more useful, not to mention supportive of your local alternative scene!

As far as dress codes go, enforcing an alternative one is difficult to do and will choke your business. Lines are really blurred now and the only people you can peg by their clothes tend to be the kids, who are mostly too young to come in anyway, and the die-hards. As mentioned above someone can wear jeans and tshirt and they can be into emo, punk, pop, rock, indie - you couldnt tell just by the clothes.

The Crown is just as bad with its no baseball cap rule. yes the idea is to stop chavs coming in, but other people wear baseball caps too. Youd be better off just having a ROAR policy and stopping anyone coming in that looks like trouble, and just managing those that do come in's expectations (ie when we went to wendyhouse in tuxedos, the door staff were like "you do realise this is a goth club?".
http://www.picturesofperfection.co.uk - middlesbrough based wedding photographer
http://www.ashleypenny.co.uk - teesside band photographer
http://www.soadorable.co.uk - stockton portrait photographer
http://www.middlesbroughweddingphotographer.co.uk
http://www.matchedbettingbasics.co.uk - risk free profit from betting offers

S_Id

• I'm Penguin Fodder!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2009, 11:03:08 am »

Haha. Forgot I'd posted that! To be honest, I think it's great that you're trying to keep the whole alternative scene going in Redcar. "It was shit" wasn't very constructive I agree, in fact it wasn't constructive at all. The music just isn't my thing, I only went in to see what the craic was and didn't have the best of times. It was probably because there was hardly anyone in, I think it was maybe only the first or second week though so attendances may have picked up.

What's the music policy like now? When it first started the 'word on the street' was that you would be mainly playing 'goth' music but would also play requests for punk/metal/emo etc.

Anyway, sorry for saying it was shit.

Phage

• Club Moderator
  • Phage - The New Disease
    • View Profile
    • Glitch Studio
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2009, 09:23:03 pm »

No worries man. I appreciate that the music's not to everyone's taste.
We did try a kinda Retro-Alternative night on a Friday, but people kept asking for newer stuff. So in the end, we've just made both nights open to all types of alternative music.

Fair point about the dress code Ashe. Our aim is to make sure people feel comfortable in the environment, but we have relaxed the dress code policy considerably. Obviously still no tracksuits etc. but you'll be OK in jeans and a T-Shirt
It's not safe to hope for the best...
...without preparing for the worst

www.myspace.com/phageboy
www.myspace.com/afterlifeclub
www.afterlifeclub.co.uk

wrong

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2009, 10:44:50 pm »

fucking dress codes are a load of shit
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up