Haxed Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CDs I'm selling (Deep Elm) plus Mighty Boosh DVD  (Read 2846 times)

Lee

• cougars suck
  • Green as green can be
    • View Profile
    • I Shot Chesney Hawkes
CDs I'm selling (Deep Elm) plus Mighty Boosh DVD
« on: May 14, 2007, 02:23:49 pm »

All brand new, never been played.

Brandtson - Death And Taxes 6 song EP, 4
Fresh, inspiring, witty, another crowd-pleaser sure to be permanently planted in CD players everywhere. Rock and roll and pop sensibilities delivered with passion and flare, some of Brandtson's best work to date. Another masterpiece of catchy, melodic perfection, and Laura Heywood proper likes it which is all the endorsement you need to be fair!

Burns Out Bright - Distance And Darkness  6 song EP, 4
post-hardcore EP that exudes passion, fervor, inspiration and contemplation...from beefy guitar chords to graceful arpeggios, bashing drums that stop and start on a dime, earnest vocals that project from a whisper to a scream, the energy level is so high...Debut EPs aren't supposed to sound this good

Fire Divine - It's All A Blur 4 track EP, 3
members of The June Spirit and A Life Once Lost, their sound is composed of grinding guitar riffs, quick and sharp drumming, passionately raw vocals and harmonious peaks and dips in melody. It's All A Blur will surely win many fans. (One of my favourite records)

Lock And Key - No Fate 7 track EP, 4
Erupting from every direction with a barrage of rapid-fire drumming, crunching dual guitars and aggressive, striking vocals, it's instantly apparent that LOCK AND KEY is well on their way...not only album-wise, but as a cohesive, single-minded, rock n' roll wrecking machine

Planes Mistaken For Stars - S/T 8 song debut EP/mini-album 5
heavy, sometimes insane, occasionally melodic and often emotional post-hardcore... defiant mix of graphic vocals, aggressive screams and churning guitars that burns and smolders of raw post-hardcore emotion. The vocal dueling is incredible. "Melodic but so intense they'll rip you to shreds"

Red Animal War / Slowride - Split EP 6 tracks, 4
a split with Red Animal War and Slowride that blows the Alkaline Trio / Hot Water Music ep out of the water...Red Animal War go through a remarkable progression with three new songs (maybe their best so far) while Slowride stick to the concept that made their debut so charming and enjoyable

David Singer - The Cost Of Living 10 track album, 6
Veering from tender ballads and swirling samples to intellectual pop and tape loop experimentation, THE COST OF LIVING is an album of exquisitely crafted rock songs, lush orchestration and sophisticated lyrics. From the psychedelic wonder of "The Accident" to the fragile beauty of "Hawaii," from the ornate loops of "That's Not Me" to the bruising sincerity of the title track, it's an incredibly varied yet cohesive record. DAVID SINGER's lyrics are penetrating and poetic to the core, but fragile and unpretentious in a way that makes each song unusually personal to the listener. With subject matter including car crashes and one night stands, existential longing and evolution, introspection and hopeful sweetness, this is undoubtedly one of the most sincere records of 2001.

The Emo Diaries Chapter Nine - Sad Songs Remind Me 12 song compilation album 5
So Sad Althea, Michael, Surrounded, Iamuse, The Local Art, The Paper Champions, La Pieta, Settlefish, Avec, Milton Mapes, At The Close Of Every Day, The National Anthems. Previously unreleased songs - "There are few compilations out there with this kind of quality and even fewer that can attest to the consistency heard on The Emo Diaries"  

This Is Indie Rock - Volume 1 12 song compilation album 4
The Pit That Became A Tower, Clair De Lune, The Blind King, Dino Velvet, Secondhand Stories, Throat, Winter In Alaska, Joanna Erdos, Siva, Lakota, Leaving Rouge, The Kidcrash...The Best Bands You've Never Heard features twelve unreleased and exclusive songs from the hottest new indie rock bands throughout the world. You'll find a diverse mixture of hardcore, punk, rock, emo, metal, pop and more. By uniting all genres of indie rock, these open-submission compilations are destined to surpass the popularity of Deep Elm's other highly acclaimed compilation series. Even KERRANG! reckons it's good!

The Mighty Boosh - Series 1 2-disc set, 8 episodes 8
Howard and Vince, two workers in a run-down zoo, are often called upon to put their jobs before their pride. That means dressing up as animals and sitting in cages because their boss, American entrepreneur Bob Fossil, can't afford any real animals. Vince accepts the situation happily, quite in contrast to his grandiose, tweed-wearing colleague. But their jobs involve much more than just dressing up. From battling mutant animals engineered in a secret laboratory underneath the zoo, to fighting a kangaroo to raise money for their dilapidated workplace, Howard and Vince always find themselves at the centre of some very strange events.

Special Features - Behind The Scenes Documentary, History of the Boosh, Commentaries on 4 episodes, Out-Takes, Promos, Picture Gallery

I have double copies of all of these so instead of sitting at the end of my room I'd like them to go to a good home. Everything listed is proper dead good so if you want it, giz a shout. I'll even take PayPal if it makes it any easier! Phwoar.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 08:54:35 am by Lee »
Deep Elm albums/compilations/EPs and Mighty Boosh DVD for sale!
http://www.haxed.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=47656;start=0#lastPost

Laura ~ WideXEyes

• BAZINGA!
    • View Profile
Re:CDs I'm selling (Deep Elm) plus Mighty Boosh DVD
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 05:41:29 pm »

I recommend that Brandtson CD, one of my favourites. :)

Lee

• cougars suck
  • Green as green can be
    • View Profile
    • I Shot Chesney Hawkes
Re:CDs I'm selling (Deep Elm) plus Mighty Boosh DVD
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 08:53:56 am »

I reckon Trying To Figure Each Other Out is better but I'd still definitely definitely buy Death And Taxes for 4 brand new from me if anyone doesn't have it or wants another copy!
Deep Elm albums/compilations/EPs and Mighty Boosh DVD for sale!
http://www.haxed.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=47656;start=0#lastPost

Pages: [1]   Go Up